About Us

My photo
We are a family of 5 that moved from California to Arizona about 8 years ago. We love it here! We love to watch movies, enjoy the great outdoors when it's not blazing hot, play sports, hike, ride bikes and spend time together! Life is awesome and we wish the same to all of you!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pirate Day

It is the day before Conlan starts school and we decided to start a fun tradition. We decided on a themed day to celebrate and have some fun! We all thought it might be fun to have a pirate day. With our best pirate accents and gear in order we were ready! We started the day off with a treasure hunt around the house to find the gold (chocolate coins of course)! We then had a few sword fights, pirate themed games. Watched "Pirates of the Caribbean" and had a pirate themed dinner. It was a blast and think we will keep this tradition each year before school starts.



Pirate Tristan and Conlan. These two are such a crack up together. I asked them to put on a scary pirate face and this is what we got!





The pirate wenches: Destiny, Sienna, Aislinn and Gaga Nanny.







Ahoy there matey! Loved Caydon's tatts! You can't see it here but he had a Mom tattoo on his upper arm! You are such a good sport buddy, thanks for hanging in there even though you didn't feel so good!









Thar be baby Aisy.









After the treasure hunt sporting some gold coins.











Ships on the seven seas (hot dogs on fishy crackers), gold nuggets (chickenless nuggets), cannonballs (grapes), x marks the spot breadsticks, seaweed (noodles with pesto sauce), and pirates grog (rootbeer).




X marks the spot!









The only rule was that there were no rules! And of course, because we were playing pirates a food fight ensued! Everyone was rude and messy and we didn't use any utensils, just our hands! It was oh so much fun!








The after effects of the food fight!









Conlan needed a new drink!







Sienna enjoying the refreshing taste of the entire contents of her dinner in a glass! Yummy!










And with that it was all over! Dinner has been cleaned up, the kids are sleeping upstairs, the backpack is by the door, lunch is made and the new clothes and shoes are ready! The question becomes is Mom? I think this is going to be harder for me than it will be for Con. Only tomorrow will tell. I am reflecting on the last 5 years and they have been the most amazing adventure. I have to admit that I am so grateful that I have had the chance to be here for my little man. I love, love, love being Conlan's Mom! He is such an awesome, brilliant little guy and I am so happy for him that he gets to open up a new chapter in his life and embark on a totally wonderful new journey! I am trying to keep it together, but I have my tissues for tomorrow just in case! Got the sunglasses too!

4 comments:

Weeks Family said...

That is a cool way to kick off the school year. I can't imagine what is going to happen with me when Danielle goes to Kindergarten and I can't just call them to see how she is doing :(

Sasha said...

Awe looks like you guys had just too much fun with the new tradition! I want to come next year!! It is so hard to believe that Con is in Kindergarden!! AHHHH..... soooo... How did you do Mom??

grammiex12 said...

You are the most creative people I know. I am always in awe of the wonderful ideas you come up with. That's a great way to send Con off to school. It's such a big first step. I remember when. We don't start school back here until Sept. 8th. My two would go today if they could. They love school. Hope it was a happy and memorable day for all. Miss all of you!

Anonymous said...

funny pictures collection group




Get More Details